International Student Service

For Undergraduate Students

Insurance & Health Care

All ABAC Students

Assumption University collect insurance fee from student and provide coverage benefit in case student experiences accidental injury or death both inside & outside campus and must be treatment or requires a physician’s care. Muangthai Insurance will pay equal to the actual expenses but not exceeding the maximum benefit 10,000 Baht.
Accident insurance fee 100 and 150 baht per year.

Benefit :

– Maximum Accident Claim 10,000 baht per case
– Death compensation from accident 100,000 baht per case.
– Death compensation from sickness 10,000 baht per case.

Period coverage :

– Student ID ended with 1,2 >> August 1 – July 31 next year.
– Student ID ended with 3,4,5 >> January 1- December 31 next year.

Health Insurance

(Muangthailife Assurance): Non-Thai Students & Thai who paid for Health Fee. Health insurance for International students & Thai students who pay for health insurance fee will have benefit coverage in case of sickness or injury. Health insurance fee 2,550 baht or 3,000 baht per year based on student admission no. with different rate of compensation.
Benefit: Maximum Health or Sickness Claim – OPD 1,500 baht per day

IPD based on Benefit Schedule.

Death compensation from sickness 10,000 baht per case.
Non-Thai students who have paid their health insurance fee will receive a health care card within 2 months after the registration.
“Muang Thai Health Care Card” is available for students who pay for Health insurance fee only.

Period coverage :

– Student ID ended with 1,2 >> August 1 – July 31 next year.
– Student ID ended with 3,4,5 >> January 1- December 31 next year.
Claim documents should be submitted at Student Welfare Services, Student Affairs.

For Master and PhD Students

Health Insurance Policy


International Students (for both Master and Ph.D.)who already obtained personal insurance and would like be exempted from the insurance provided by the university are required to contact the Office of Graduate Studies before tuition payment is finalized, otherwise the insurance fee will be included and non-refundable.

Click Here AU Insurance Claim

Claim Process

  • If you attend AXA network hospital using your membership card show your membership card and ID. card or passport to the receptionist or cashier
  • The hospital will then arrange for all the eligible expenses within your benefit levels to charge us directly.
  • If you are being admitted for inpatient treatment, the hospital will contact our help line to confirm your cover and eligibility for treatment
  • On discharge you will be asked to pay for any non medical expenses or charges in excess of your benefits before you leave the hospital. The hospital will contact our help line to confirm how much we will pay and how much you should pay.

If you attend non AXA network hospital

  • If you attend a hospital which is not on our list, you will need to pay all the expenses yourself first
  • To obtain reimbursement, you will need to submit documents.
  • On receipt of these documents we will reimburse your claim within the next 14 working days


1. The supportive documents for claim reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days after treatment.

2. Any questions or problems please contact Ms. Viparat at telephone no. 02 656 8710 ext. 5104.


  • Medical certificate showing diagnosis of condition treated together with an itemized medical expenses bill or Attending Physician’s Report.
  • Original receipt.
  • Photostatted copy of your membership card.
  • Copy of passbook for transferring claim amount (1st page)

Visa Service Information

Category Of Visa

  1. Transit Visa (TS) is for those who are in transit and with this visa visitors will be permitted to stay for 30 days.
    2. Tourist Visa (TR) is for visitors who visitors who visit this country for tourism purpose and they will be permitted to stay for 60 days.
    3. Non-Immigrant Visa (Non-Immigrant) is for foreigners who wish to work either for official business or private business, study, do some research or stay with family and they will be permitted to stay for 90 days.
    4. Official Visa will be issued to any foreigner who has been assigned to perform their official duty in the Kingdom and for holder of Office Passport of other country or United Nation’ Passport or equivalent; Foreigners who enter the country with Official Visa will be permitted to stay for 90 days.
    5. Diplomatic Visa will be issued to foreigners who perform their duty as foreign diplomatic official or carry out official business by holding Diplomatic Passport. Foreigners who enter The Kingdom with this category of visa will be permitted to stay for 90 days.
    6. Immigrant Visa is for those who wish to have permanent residence in Thailand.
    7. Non-Quota Immigrant Visa will be issued to any foreigner who applied for residence permit under special case or a Non-Quota Immigrant status.
    8. Courtesy Visa On Arrival Visa is for foreigners from specified countries who visit the Kingdom for tourism purpose only and those who were granted with this category of visa will be actually, visitors who wish to come to the Kingdom of Thailand must apply for entry visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in abroad before their entries, but there are also some nationalities which somehow being exempted from the said rules.

What is Visa Expiry Date?

The visa expiry date is shown on the visa. Depending on the alien’s nationality, visas can be issued for any number of entries, from as little as one entry to as many as multiple (unlimited) entries, for the same purpose of travel. This generally means the visa is valid, or can be used from the date it is issued until date it expires, for travel for the same purpose, when the visa is issued for multiple entry.

This time period from visa issuance date to visa expiry date as shown on the visa, is called visa validity. If you travel frequently as a tourist for example, with a multiple entry visa, you do not have to apply for a new visa each time you want to travel to Thailand.

The visa validity is the length of time you are permitted to travel to a port-of entry in Thailand to request permission of the immigration officer to permit you to enter Thailand. The visa does not guarantee entry to Thailand.

The Expiry Date for the visa should not be confused with the authorized length of your stay in Thailand, given to you by the immigration officer at port-of entry. The visa expiry date has nothing to do with the authorized length of your stay in Thailand for any given visit.


Each time you arrive at the port-of-entry, an immigration officer decides whether to allow you to enter and how long you can stay. Only the immigration officer has the authority to permit you to enter Thailand.

Misunderstanding of permission of stay.

The date of validity indicates that the visa must be utilized by entering Thailand within the period. Then the holders will receive an initial stay of 90 days from the date of arrival. Students should check visa expiration date stamped upon the arrival, not the one stamped by the Embassy or Consulate.

For full time students with proper

Non-Immigrant (category Ed) Visas subject to conditions as outlined below. Petitions and other forms are available from Visa Section at either campus. Au I.D-Card and receipt must be shown to receive service.

Stay Permit Extension

Au Visa Section applies for Non-Immigrant (Class Ed) Stay Permit Extension based on requests made by currently registered full time non-Thai students (12 credits or equivalent a semester). Those who register for less than 12 credits are considered part-time and will not be given extension of stay.
* Must be applied for no less than 30 days before Expiry.
* Processing time for issued a letter for stay permit extension at least 5 working day.
* Passports are sometimes made available temporarily during processing period. Students, who do not submit their passports on time, will be responsible for any additional fees or expenses.

Visa letter

If you know that you’re going to leave Thailand and cannot return before your Stay Permit expire, please contact the AU visa officer at least two weeks in advance, of your leaving Thailand , to obtain the certification letter to confirm that you are a student at AU. You can take these documents to apply for a new visa (ED only) to the Thai embassy or consulate in the country where you are staying. They’ll give you a new visa valid for 3 months. It may take them a few days so be prepared.


    - The Visa letters are used to apply for new visas abroad at any Royal Thai Embassy / Consulate.
    - Au Visa Section issues Visa Letters at the request of the students.
    - Au Visa Section needs at least 5 days for processing.

Re-Entry Permit

  • Collect the Re-entry application form from the Au Visa Section at Office of the University Registrar.
  • Submit the Re-entry application form directly to the Immigration Bureau.
  • Pay 1,000 Baht (Single) 3,800 (Multiple) at the Immigration Bureau.



Stay permit cancellation

  • Please pay attention to the following which applies to stay permits extensions, with immediate effect Stay Permit Cancellation.


    Please note that extension of stay permit is liable for termination by the Immigration Bureau of Thailand for students under the following categories:


    1. Students who are irregular in attendance, or
    2. Students who are on probation, or
    3. Students whose academic records are unsatisfactory including frequent withdrawals, or
    4. Students who are retired or are required to re-enter, or
    5. Students who are not register or registered less than 12 credits cannot apply for a visa.

            Except students who will be graduated, or

    1. Students who graduated, or
    2. Students who use Student Visa for work.


    **** For graduating students, you have to contact Visa Section to cancel your visa immediately after your LAST FINAL EXAM DATE to avoid over stay.



  1. Complete Visa service Petition (Form.25) and the Immigration Form. Pay the additional 1,900 Baht to the Immigration Bureau on the Appointed date.
    2. Pay 200 Baht (at the Office of Financial Management).
    3. Submit petition forms to the Au Visa Section.
    * Immigration Form, receipt of payment.
    * Passport, 2-Inch photos (not more than 6 months)
    * Photocopy of Registration Receipt (current/most recent semester.)
    * Photocopies of passport, Including Departure Card (Tm.6) and any other marked pages.

CHANGE VISA (For Education)

  1. Show the passport to the Officer of Au Visa Section.
    2. Collect the Petition form from the Au Visa Section.
    3. Pay 200 Baht (at the Office of Financial Management).
    4. Submit petition forms to the Au Visa Section.
    * Immigration Form, receipt of payment.
    * Passport, 2-Inch 1 photo (not more than 6 months)
    * Photocopy of registration receipt (current/most recent semester)
    5. Au Visa Section needs 5 working days to process requests / petition.

Special Considerations

  1. Processing time for visa application abroad will from vary country to country and it also depends on the nationality of the applicant.
    Au Visa Section strongly encourages all non-Thai students to process their visa / immigration matters through Au only.
    3. Those that are not requiring Au visa / immigration assistance may be required to submit a letter about releasing from Au of any visa / immigration responsibility.
    4. Some non-Thai student must to handle his or her own visa permit related matters in person.
    5. Some cases may require official certification of good behavior or non-criminality record form home country or the diplomatic mission in Thailand.
    6. Non-Thai students are legally not allowed to work in Thailand. If the student becomes legally employed and hold work permit, they must change their visa status accordingly with their employer and they may also be required to submit a letter releasing Au of any visa / immigration responsibility.
    7. Assumption University is able to inform students about the laws, rule- regulations and procedures regarding their legal status here while engaged in educational pursuits.
    8. However, total and final responsibility rests with the students and all students are encouraged to be pro-active, well informed and act accordingly. It is a privilege and the right of an individual to behave maturely, responsibly and temporarily reside and learn in a country other than his own.
    – As non-Thai student, you are a welcome to being a guest in the Kingdom of Thailand.
    – Thai authorities make it possible (or not) for you to be here. In return, it is expected that the laws and regulation of Thailand will be followed, respectively.
    – Information provided in this document and the services described are dependent upon the regulations issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of education and Immigration Bureau. Infringement of the rules or guidelines in any way may create to problems and inconveniences which may result of expulsion from Thailand, temporarily or permanently.
    – Relevant Thai authorities have the right to cancel the opportunity of study / extension of stay, including expulsion from Thailand, for various reasons.

International Student Handbook

- Click to Download Handbook -

Office of the University Registrar


ST. Philip & Bernard Hall (P Building)

0-2300-4543-60 Ext.3507

[email protected]


St. Michael’s Hall, SM 116 Tel. 0-2723-2222 Ext. 2627

Monday – Friday 9.00 – 12.00 hrs. and 13.00 – 16.00 hrs.

“Au Visa Staff visit the Immigration Bureau every Tuesday & Thursday”
Bureau of immigration Headquarters

Office of International Affairs

“L” Building Ground Floor

592 Ramkhamhaeng 24 Road

Huamak, Bangkok 10240 Thailand

Tel: 66(0) 2 300-4553 Extn: 3728

Fax: 66(0) 27190482


Email: [email protected]

Mon – Fri: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM

Immigration Division 1 (Government Complex)

Government Complex (Building B),Chaengwattana Road, Thungsonghong Subdistrict, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210

Tel. 0-2141-9889
Fax. 0-2143-8228
Mon-Fri, 8.30-16.30