1. Do we have to register English or can we not the English courses?
All students must register all English courses every semester until they have passed English 4.
2. For each semester, how many Business Ethic Seminar courses can I take?
You can only take one course per semester but, you can register past Business Ethic Seminar courses that you haven’t passed. For example, in the past semester you haven’t passed BG14031. In this semester, you are able to register for BG14032 and BG14031 (the course you haven’t passed).
3. During the pre-registering period, how many times can I modify my schedule?
You are able to modify your schedule up to 3 times.
4. How come there is a room with 60 seats but the seat availability is only 50?
The number of seat available is appropriated by the faculty not Registrar office and is not up to the number of seats there is in a room.
5. Why does my friend have the status of ‘expecting to graduate’ but I don’t even though we’re in the same batch/year?
Students expecting to graduate have had reached their expected amount of credits in the first semester and second semester of 120 credits and above. For summer terms, they must have 133 credits and above.
6. Are we able to register courses that have an Exam Time Conflict?
Students that are graduating the semester they are registering their courses can have exam time conflict courses. However, that is only for students who are graduating the semester they are registering for.
7. Am I able to register a pre-requisite course with a course that requires the pre-requisite?
Students that haven’t passed the pre-requisite course the semester before must pass the pre-requisite course first. For example, MGT 3907 has a pre-requisite course of English 4. Thus, you must have passed English 4 first before registering MGT 3907. - In the case where the student has to pre-register a class requiring a pre-requisite. For example, English 4 and the grade releases after you have paid for MGT 3907 you can come and delete the course afterwards during the adding period (the first two weeks once the semester opens) you will be refunded for the total amount of the course.
8. Where can I check the pre-requisite for a course?
Ask your faculty’s information center - From the webpage of your faculty - In the AU Spark, once you have selected your course and section there will be details concerning the pre-requisite.
9. How many credits can I register per semester?
How many credits can I register per semester? 9.1 First semester and second semester
10. I have to register more than the allotted Credit Limits, what do I have to do?
In the case that the credits do not exceed 22 credits, write a petition detailing the reason for registering more than the allotted credit limit and ask for the signature of the chair person or the dean. Once signed, bring the petition to the Office of Registrar during the registration period - In the case that the credits exceed 22 credits, write the petition as stated above then you must get the signature of the dean afterwards bring the petition to the vice president for academic affairs to sign, then bring the petition to the office of registrar during the registration period.
11. Where do I check the name list of those who are graduating?
You can check from the webpage www.au.edu then login from the front page of the university, www.registrar.au.edu and facebook fan page ABAC Registrar Office.
12. In which case do we receive a full refund for deleting a course or changing a section during the adding period?
The course or subject is closed - When the grade is released and have not passed the pre-requisite course
13. I wasn’t able to register a subject in time but I’m graduating this semester (have checked the semester before) and it’s a mandatory subject, what do I have to do?
The University Registrar has no jurisdiction to increase the seat limit the faculty has appropriated. If the student needs to register the course with that section and that section has all available seats filled, contact the faculty to increase the seat limit.
14. Can I register my classes from the webpage and my mobile phone app?
It is not recommended to do so as registering from both platforms will increase the amount of strain on the registration system. There is also a chance that registering from both platforms will use up all allotted modifications to the schedule.
15. During what times can we modify the schedule?
During the designated pre-registration block - Between 16.00 – 17.00 of each pre-registration day
16. When registering course with one instructor, once the semester begins it is another instructor that teaches the course?
Because the faculty changes the instructor due to a variety of reasons. For example, the said instructor has resigned from his teaching role in the university without prior notice.