2. Applicants must be free from infectious diseases, or other handicaps that can hinder their study.
3.Applicants must be able to bear all expenses related to their study.
4. Applicants must have good manners and testify to the university that they will be attentive, make fullest use of their capability in their study, and strictly conform to the university’s rules and regulations.
If found lacking in any of the conditions listed above, the applicant will have his or her admission declined, or his or her student’s status nullified immediately.
1. One copy of high school certificate or diploma or any other equivalent qualification as authorized by the respective country's Ministry of Education or other assigned government agency, which must be translated to English, if issued in any other language and be confirmed by their own government's appropriate Ministry or Embassy or issued in English by the school that issued the graduation record, diploma, or transcript.
2. High School Transcripts (Translated to English and get confirmed by their own Embassy or issued in English by their high school or equivalent graduated school.
3. One copy of Identification Card and residence registration for Thai students and copy of passport for foreign applicants.
4. Two 3x4 cm. Photos.
5. A copy of a name/surname change certificate, if applicable issued by appropriate authority in English.
Assumption University accepts transfer students from institutions where English is the principal language of instruction. In addition to the above, transfer students must also submit :
1. Latest official transcript from the University/College attended; and
2. Description of courses taken at the University/College
1. Walk-In application: On arrival at Assumption University (any of the university campuses) students must
2. Email application: To apply via email, the applicant must scan and email the required admission documents mentioned above at email@example.com
3. Application online: This facility is available for those wishing to apple to any of the Assumption University degrees. The Electronic Application form, in PDF format can be downloaded, filled in and submitted in hard copy to the Office of Admission. Supporting documents must be submitted along with the application.
Before turning in the application to the Office of Admissions, student are required to pay THB 500 at the Au Bookstore and submit the receipt along with the application form and other documents.
4. Mail application: Applicants may mail their application (filled up application form and required documents) to :
Admissions Center at Office of the University Registrar
Assumption University (Huamak Campus)
593/2 Ramkhamhaeng 24
Hua Mak, Bangkapi
Bangkok Thailand 10240
Assumption University (Suvarnabhumi Campus)
88 Moo 8 Bang na Trad rd. Km.26
Bang Sao Thong, Samutprakarn
ACC School of Commerce
101 Soi Satorn 13, South Sathorn Road
Tel.(662)675 5769-70, (662)675 5083
Applicants are requested to enclose Mailing Address, Email address and other contact details with their applications.
Remarks : On approval note of the application, please refer to item 2.
Note: Applicants applying via Email, Application online or Mail must present original admission documents, photographs, passport / Thai ID/ Residence Registration upon arrival at Assumption University.
2. Optional Test scores
Kindly specify the score in the Application form for admission and attach copies of the official score (original required at the time of registration).
3. Transfer students
The transfer of credits will be approved only under the following conditions:
4. For Bernadette de Lourdes School of Nursing Science. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
5. For Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts, Majoring in Advertising, Digital Media Communication, Live Event Creation and Management and Public Relations. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
6. For Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts, Majoring in Visual Communication Design and Computer Generated Imagery. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
7. For Vincent Mary School of Engineering. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
8. For Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics, Majoring in Business Economics. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
9. For ABAC School of Music. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
10. For Montfort del Rosario School of Architecture and Design. Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
|Faculty||Major||Subjects Requiring||Additional Testing/Interview|
Music Business and Music Performance
Theory and History of Music
Advertising, Digital Media Communication, Live Event Creation and Management and Public Relation
Visual Communication Design and Computer Generated Imagery
1. Design*2. Drawing*
Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design and Product Design
Physical Check Up (Class 1 Medical Assessment at Bangkok Hospital)
Remark : * 1. Design: Students must prepare watercolor, poster color or any dexterous medium.
2. Drawing: Students must prepare EE grad pencil, eraser, and drawing board.
Remark : ** Nursing Science: Being Healthy (normal results of chest X-ray and blood test for hepatitis B; HBsAg & AntiHBs report by the hospital physician).
** These programs only offer in August semester and January semester.
Remark : *** Please provide the instrument to the exam with Officer on the date of application. Audition at Suvarnabhumi Campus, Cathedral of Learning Bldg.,(CL25)
Placement Test Process (Prospective students applying from abroad) : During application period, students are requested to check the placement test schedule from our website and are expected to arrive in Thailand at least 2 working days prior to the test date to receive temporary ID cards and complete other necessary paperwork. Some faculties require applicants to take additional tests as shown in the chart above and are advised to prepare accordingly.
On the test day, please bring your temporary ID card. The tests usually last for 2 hours for each subject and the students will be tested mainly on the proficiency and skills in certain subjects depending on the faculty/department applied for.
Interview Process: Not all the applicants have to face interviews though it is a must for all Communication Arts applicants. Applicants required to go through interviews will be informed on their arrival and will be given the interview schedule.
Interviews usually last for 30 minutes and discussions could be on matters of personal interests or current world affairs.
Exemption The university will consider applications with a TOEFL score of 60 (iBT) or above or 500 (pBT) or above or IELTS score of 5.0 or above to be exempted from the English placement test and English intensive course(s). SAT1 (Mathematics) score of 500 or above are exempted from the Mathematics placement test but they have to take Mathematics Exposure (15 hrs.) only.
1. Intensive English Course
It is divided into 2 levels: 60-hour course and 120-hour course. Placement depends on results of the English placement test.
2. Intensive Mathematics Course
it is divided into 2 levels: 15-hour course, and 60-hour course. Placement depends on results of the Mathematics placement test.
3. Other Intensive Courses
Other Intensive Courses are French, Chinese, Japanese, Physics, Chemistry, Creative Communication, Drawing, or Theory of Music. Selection of courses depends on the applicants’ academic performance and faculty/department applied for.
Students transferring into Au often do so because of Au’s significant cost advantage, in addition to the “best in class” education. They have found that studying in the US or Europe has become too expensive and that their families find it difficult to afford the high tuition and living costs associated with an overseas education. Many students who initially wanted to transfer abroad after several years at Au change their minds, but those who decide to transfer are accepted far and wide and have little, if any, problem in completing their degrees from abroad. These students earn a western degree at a greatly reduced cost.
All Au students pay the same tuition fees. Living costs in Thailand are a fraction of those found in Europe, Australia, or the U.S. Many students want to receive their baccalaureate degrees from a western university, but cannot afford the cost. These students come to Au where they can study for one, two or three years and then transfer abroad. Their total educational cost is thus substantially reduced and they gain from both experiences.
Au students have transferred credits and completed their baccalaureates at many US, UK and Australian universities such as: (only a partial listing)
The Johns Hopkins University ( Maryland)
Texas A&M University ( College Station)
|University of Maryland ( College Park)|
Southern Illinois University ( Carbondale)
St. Michael’s College ( Vermont)
Loyola College ( Maryland)
|Pittsburgh State University ( Kansas)|
Georgetown University ( Washington D.C.)
University of Wollongong ( Australia)
Richmond , The American International University in London
The above is only a partial listing of universities where transfer students have been welcomed. The European Community and Australia are now working on developing a credit exchange that can accommodate a system such as Au’s. When this is in place, more transfer opportunities will be possible.
Office of International Affairs
592 Ramkhamhaeng 24 Road, Huamak, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Tel: +(662) 3004553 ext. 3728,
Fax: +(662) 7190482,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Overseas Applicants to the Student Exchange Program
Tel: 02 3004553 ext.3728
1st Semester deadline 9th June (starts August to December)
2nd Semester deadline 9th October (starts January to May)
Director of International Student Center
Director, Office of International Affairs